June Bevan B.A. (hons.) A.T. Cert. Mans.
June Bevan was born in Birmingham in 1927 and has been drawing and painting
since early childhood gaining a Distinction in art at Grammar School.
· Drawing Certificate awarded by Birmingham College of Art.
· Fashion Drawing and Painting at Bournville School of Art.
· Employed by The Austin Motor Company in the Drawing Office and
Birmingham City Engineers Drawing Office for nine years.
Marriage – brought up three sons – moved north to Bramhall, Cheshire.
· Teaching Certificate (Elizabeth Gaskell College).
Employment: Styal Women’s Prison as Art Teacher for two years.
Wilmslow Preparatory School as Art Teacher for five years.
· Foundation Course in Art and Design at Stockport College.
· Slade School of Art, London, Life Drawing.
· B.A. (hons.) Fine Art (Wirral College of Art) John Moores University.
Manchester Business School – Solo Ex.
Stockport Art Guild members’ Annual Exhibition. (Award winner 1991, 1993, 2001).
Stockport Open Exhibitions.
27ème. Salon de Beziers (Diplome d’honneur).
Laing Open Exhibition, Salford Art Gallery.
Manchester Academy of Arts.
Manchester Art House, Portland Street.
Society of Women Artists, Westminster, London.
Derbyshire Open Exhibitions.
Williamson Art Gallery, Birkenhead.
Bramhall Art Society, members’ annual exhibitions.
June works in w/c, oils, acrylics and mixed media.
She is recognised as a traditional painter in the main and was originally especially
interested in tonal aspects and play of light using a variety of subjects.
She has always experimented in order to challenge her ability and to extend
extra possibilities in her work.
Artist's Location: Stockport, Cheshire.